Saturday, October 5, 2019

We Can't Do It Alone

"Moses heard people from every family crying at the entrance to their tents. The Lord became very angry, and Moses didn’t like it either. So he asked, “Lord, why have you brought me this trouble? How have I displeased you that you put the burden of all these people on me? Am I their mother? Did I give birth to them? Are you really asking me to carry them in my arms—as a nurse carries a baby—all the way to the land you promised their ancestors with an oath? Where can I get meat for all these people? They keep crying for me to give them meat to eat. I can’t take care of all these people by myself. This is too much work for me! If this is how you’re going to treat me, why don’t you just kill me? I can’t face this trouble anymore.”

The Lord answered Moses, “Bring me 70 Israelite men who you know are leaders and officers of the people. Take them to the tent of meeting, and have them stand with you. I’ll come down and speak with you there. I’ll take some of the Spirit that is on you and put it on them. They will help you take care of the people. You won’t have to take care of the people alone."
Numbers 11:10-17


For some weird reason, God's leaders sometimes have this mindset that they are Superman or Wonderwoman.

No, Jesus was super human but even Him when He was carrying the weight of the world on His shoulders cried out to Our Father in heaven.

"Not my will but yours."

Yes, He cried but He did not complain.

He cried but He did not quit. He did not give up.

He cried but He did not point fingers or put blame on anyone.

He cried out. But He understood.

And He did not do it alone. No one can. He called out to Our Father in heaven, Abba Father.

And He called and selected people out from the masses to walk with and alongside Him.

We Are Not Superman


Moses thought he was Superman. His wrong thinking did not bode well for him. And it will not, for any of God's people and God's leaders today.

God is not a slave driver. He knows what each one of us is capable of.

God is not one to discourage, not one to put anyone on their knees to quit.

God is not one who is selfish with what He has or what He knows.

God is a teacher, and not one who is mean and make anyone stay after class to write a hundred lines of "I will not do" this and that. Well of course, unless one is so stubborn and unless it is absolutely necessary. Moses was stubborn, you know. And I don't think He got it.

God is Love

Now above all, God is love. He is mercy and grace. He cares. He understands. He knows what He is doing. And whatever it is, it is for our own benefit.

"No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it." 1 Corinthian 10:13

Are you to the point of giving up?

Talk to Him, Our Heavenly Father. His Spirit is within us. And with others. Work with them, but not just with anyone but with those with the same Spirit, the same love, the same wisdom and understanding.

Teach God's ways and wisdom. Listen, learn, heed. Jesus did all the heavy lifting. In fact, His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

If yours aren't, which often might be the case, then it is time to come back to the Source of life, of hope, of peace, of joy and love.

He is calling...





No comments:

Post a Comment